Does anyone work with a electrophysiologist technician? 

If so how do I find one? I'm not sure my ep had one. 


what is it?

by Tracey_E - 2023-02-27 10:29:38

I haven't heard that term before? 


by laurieb03 - 2023-02-27 15:02:10

i think it is a technition who specializes in helping to set pacemaker settings- though i am not sure- 


by Tracey_E - 2023-02-27 16:34:26

Some ep's do the settings themselves. 

Some offices have technicians or Nurse Practitioners trained to do the programming.

Some offices bring in the manufacturer's rep to do the programming. 

You'd have to ask the office how they do it. 

Electrophysicist technician?

by AgentX86 - 2023-02-27 17:00:55

I've never heard the term either but someone like this would have to work directly under the supervision of an EP or cardiologist. Perhaps you mean a "device technician". These are specially trained people, often nurses, who do the actual programming of the device. 

A device tech can do some optimization of rate response and such but there is little else they're allowed to do without explicit instructions from your doctor. You're not going to find any sort of pacemaker technician in the wild. They'll be attached to a doctor (or manufacturer but there will be a doctor behind that curtain too).

You know you're wired when...

Your favorite poem is “Ode to a Cardiac Node”.

Member Quotes

I have a well tuned pacer. I hardly know I have it. I am 76 year old, hike and camp alone in the desert. I have more energy than I have had in a long time. The only problem is my wife wants to have a knob installed so she can turn the pacer down.