A comprehensive list of manufacturers, support groups and forums are below to help recipients.
Pacemaker & ICD Manufacturers
The leading manufacturers provide patient-oriented information on their websites so you can learn more about your condition and device.
- Medtronic - www.medtronic.com
- St. Jude Medical - www.sjm.com
- Boston Scientific / Guidant - www.bostonscientific.com
- Vitatron - www.vitatron.com
- Biotronik - www.biotronik.com
- Integer (batteries) - www.integer.net
- Pacetronix - www.pacetronix.com
- Elestim-Cardio - www.elestim-cardio.ru/en
Pacemaker & ICD Information Sites
These websites provide helpful information on implantable cardioverter defibrillators, pacemakers and cardiac arrhythmias.
- American Heart Association - heart.org
- Arrhythmia Technologies Institute - atischool.org
- British Heart Foundation - https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport
- Cardiac Pacing Links by Wolfgang Scheibelhofer
- Food & Drug Administration (Recalls & Safety) - www.fda.gov
- Heartbeat International - www.heartbeatsaveslives.org
- Heart Point - www.heartpoint.com/pacerintro.html
- Heart Rhythm Society - www.hrsonline.org
- History of Defibrillation - www.pacificmedicalacls.com
- LifeBeat Online - www.lifebeatonline.com
- Medical Device Link - www.devicelink.com
- SurgeonRatings.org - www.surgeonratings.org
- Wikipedia (about pacemakers)
- Wikipedia (about ICDs)
Support & Emotional Healing
Other support groups and organizations to help you cope with living with a cardiac device.
- Cardiac Athletes - www.cardiacathletes.org
- Hope With Heart (summer camps) - www.hopewithheart.com
- Med Help International - www.medhelp.org
- Mended Hearts - www.mendedhearts.org
- STARS-US - www.stars-us.org
Living Healthy & Safely
Sites to help implantable device recipients live healthy and safely.
- Ask the Dietitan - www.dietitian.com
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans - www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines
- Custom Protective Shirts - www.evoshield.com
- Healthy Heart Market - healthyheartmarket.com
- HealthUnify - healthunify.com
- Med Scope Alert Systems - www.medscope.org
- Med Tees - medtees.com
- Quit Smoking - www.cdc.gov
- QuitDay - quitday.org
- Sticky Jewlery Medical Alerts - www.stickyj.com
- Social Security Disability Resource Center - www.ssdrc.com
- SoftTouch (seatbelt & bra comfort) - www.aboutsofttouch.com
- Wellness Quest - www.wellnessquest.com
Monitoring Service Providers
Companies that monitor pacemakers and ICDs.
- First-Call Medical - www.fcminc.com
Heart Disease & Conditions
A list of organizations that provide information on the heart and associated conditions.
You know you're wired when...
Three months of free Internet comes with each device.
I'm 44, active and have had my device for two years. I love it as I can run again and enjoy working out without feeling like I'm an old man.