Colchicine and Minocycline
Had everything pulled out after about six weeks in due to a minor infection at the site. I’ll have it all replaced next Tuesday on the right side. Doc put me on Minocycline for five days (and Vanco at the hospital) to be sure infection is gone. I’ve had intermittent pain around my heart, they assumed pericarditis, and prescribed colchicine. Well, this stuff sounds dangerous for starters, which sucks, but what I’m worried about is overlapping symptoms. Day five of Minocycline had me dizzy and weak, almost brought myself to the ER until it cleared enough to decide I wasn’t dying and nap. Today they told me to stay on the Mino until surgery, and ‘do’ take the colchicine, which lists a major danger to watch for as dizziness and call the doctor immediately about. Messaged the doc, waiting to hear back. Anyone done these together?