Stress test

Hellinall. Haven't been on here in a while. I'm having my first stress test done wednWedne w/o contrast. I had a ST Jude dual lead pacer put in October 9 2017 for 2nd degree heart block and 34 years old. No medical history besides the pacer and spinal stenosis. Since I had the pacer put in every now and then I would get chest tightness and feel short of breath. Pulse always normal when it happened at 80. So I would call and all doctors say is ohh it's anxiety. They said the stress test is tomconfto I have nothing wrong. I guess though I'm not sure what to believe anymore. Also I am not in as great shape so how much should I worry about the stress test? Thanks all . Your posts have helped me move on from the incident as I call it. I quit going to ER for every ping and pang anyway. 


6 Comments

BTDT,...

by donr - 2018-03-26 23:20:37


...wear several of those tee shirts!  There is no test that can tell you directly if you suffer from mental/psychological stress or anxiety.  You rule out all the things that can be measured and tested for and then say "Well it;s stress."

Donr

Thanks

by Mugz1221 - 2018-03-27 12:17:12

Thanks for the responses. I aporeappreall advice. In terms of tests I Never looked at it that way. I just haven't felt like me since I got this thing. They say I'm only pacing at 1 percent. I guess I just notice so much more now. I'm still frightened from the whole experience. 

Confused

by Mugz1221 - 2018-03-27 12:49:49

I didn't have any problems until this. Of course they misdiagnosed me with food poisoning 48 hours prior. But I have lightheaded problems now from what they say is allergies due to fluid always behind my ears. I am beginning to think though somehow my hormones got messed up as my fears and pains come when that ol monthly friend visits. I don't think I will ever be the same me

"I don't think I will ever be the same."

by Gotrhythm - 2018-03-28 15:19:24

Nobody's life is ever the same after they get a pacemaker. For the overwhelming majority, it's better.

For a small minority it's not better. Sometimes it's worse. Sometimes medical intervention is called for. Sometimes living with a pacemaker is just dffferent and takes some getting use to. Those people often decide they have a "new normal." Regardess, it's never the same.

So you're right--you'll never be the same. You could however be better, or at least as good, just different. 

I do wonder, if your pacemaker is the cause or your problems, and you are only pacing 1% of the time, how do you feel the other 99% of the time? I'm pretty sure the clue to what's going on lies in the 99%.

The other time

by Mugz1221 - 2018-03-29 20:49:58

Typically I am fine. I get the weird feelings sometimes daily, while other times weekly. It is different. I do work a stressful job which I love, but I guess it could be affecting me now. I try to move on and be normal. But I just have become such a hypochondriac now it is unreal.

Results

by Mugz1221 - 2018-03-31 15:17:42

Well I passed the stress test with flying colors. My heart and arteries are perfect. My cardiologist says to see my pcp regarding the weird feelings I get and once again is chalking everything up to anxiety. All tests show I'm in perfect health and should be enjoying life. I hope to just feel normal again soon. I will be going back to physical therapy for my spinal stenosis which may help . Who knows

You know you're wired when...

Intel inside is your motto.

Member Quotes

A lot of people are and live normal lives with no problems whatsoever.