Possible pacemaker shock

Yesterday, I took my boxer to training classes for obedience. They wanted to use a shock collar. Because I didn’t want anything that would hurt him, I asked they test it on my right arm first. It goes up to 99 and they tested me with a five. I felt nothing. However since then I’ve been very tired and my pulse has been in the 70 ish range. It is almost always 60 , which is what it is set at. I’ve had my St Jude for over 5 years. Is it possible I caused any damage. Ps. I almost over react but I’m scared. I’m 69. Thanks.


2 Comments

Not a problem

by Gotrhythm - 2019-06-10 18:01:48

I don't know why you don't feel so good, but don't worry. It didn't damage your pacemaker. Amazingly enough, we've had members who have had shocks from household current, and their pacemakers weren't affected at all.

 

pacemaker shock

by davey - 2019-06-12 04:10:05

My only comment would be get it checked to make sure all is ok , but like GOTRHYTHM says it should be ok...

 

I think its called peace of mind.

 

Best Wishes

You know you're wired when...

A thirty-day guarantee is not good enough.

Member Quotes

We are ALIVE! How wonderful is modern medicine.