We are happy to offer a comprehensive list of links to manufacturers, support groups and forums to help pacemaker and ICD patients.
Pacemaker & ICD Manufacturers
The leading pacemaker and implantable cardioverter defibrillator manufacturers provide patient-oriented information on their websites so you can learn more about your condition and device.
- Medtronic - www.medtronic.com
- St. Jude Medical - www.sjm.com
- Boston Scientific / Guidant - www.bostonscientific.com
- Vitatron - www.vitatron.com
- Biotronik - www.biotronik.com
- ELA / Sorin - www.sorin.com
- Wilson Greatbatch (batteries) - www.greatbatch.com
- Baikal - imzcorp.com/en/info/article_pacemaker_2.html
- CCC - www.ccc.com.uy/pacemaker/index.htm
- Medico - www.medicoweb.com/home_e.htm
- Pacetronix - www.pacetronix.com
- Elestim-Cardio - www.elestim-cardio.ru/en
- Cardioelectronica - www.cardioelectronica.com
Pacemaker & ICD Information Sites
These websites provide helpful information on implantable cardioverter defibrillators, pacemakers and cardiac arrhythmias.
- American Heart Association - heart.org
- Arrhythmia Technologies Institute - atischool.org
- Biophan Technologies - www.biophan.com
- BODHE Therapeutic Medical Apparel - www.bodheguard.com
- Cardiac Pacing Links by Wolfgang Scheibelhofer
- Food & Drug Administration (FDA) - www.fda.gov
- ICD Bros (YouTube Support Group) - www.youtube.com/user/icdbros
- Heartbeat International - www.heartbeatsaveslives.org
- Heart Point - www.heartpoint.com/pacerintro.html
- Heart Rhythm Society - www.hrsonline.org
- History of Defibrillation - www.pacificmedicalacls.com
- LifeBeat Online - www.lifebeatonline.com
- Medical Device Link - www.devicelink.com
- SurgeonRatings.org - www.surgeonratings.org
- Wikipedia (about pacemakers)
- Wikipedia (about ICDs)
Support & Emotional Healing
Other support groups and organizations to help you cope with living with a cardiac device.
- Atrial Fibrillation Support Group - Afibsupport.com
- Cardiac Athletes - www.cardiacathletes.org
- CHF Patients - www.chfpatients.com
- Children’s Heart Federation - www.childrens-heart-fed.com
- Hope With Heart (summer camps) - www.hopewithheart.com
- Med Help International - www.medhelp.org
- Mended Hearts - www.mendedhearts.org
- STARS-US - www.stars-us.org
Living Healthy & Safely
Sites to help implantable device recipients live healthy and safely.
- Ask the Dietitan - www.dietitian.com
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans - www.health.gov/dietaryguidelines
- Custom Protective Shirts - www.evoshield.com
- Healthy Heart Market - healthyheartmarket.com
- HealthUnify - healthunify.com
- Med Scope Alert Systems - www.medscope.org
- Med Tees - medtees.com
- Medical Alert System - www.liferesponseusa.com
- Quit Smoking Community - https://quitsmokingcommunity.org
- Quit Smoking - www.cdc.gov
- QuitDay - quitday.org
- Sticky Jewlery Medical Alerts - www.stickyj.com
- Social Security Disability Resource Center - www.ssdrc.com
- SoftTouch (seatbelt & bra comfort) - www.aboutsofttouch.com
- Wellness Quest - www.wellnessquest.com
Monitoring Service Providers
Companies that monitor pacemakers and ICDs.
- Cardiac Monitoring Center - www.pacercheck.com
- First-Call Medical - www.fcminc.com
- Mednet Healthcare - www.mednethealth.net
Heart Disease & Conditions
A list of organizations that provide information on the heart and associated conditions.
You know you're wired when...
You have a dymo-powered bike.
I had a pacemaker when I was 11. I never once thought I wasn't a 'normal kid' nor was I ever treated differently because of it. I could do everything all my friends were doing; I just happened to have a battery attached to my heart to help it work.